Looking for more ways to help AFAC?
1. Donate: The best way to help AFAC during this pandemic is through monetary donations. Whatever you are able to spare will be greatly appreciated. The money goes towards AFAC employees' salaries, food, and cleaning supplies. Click the "donate" tab at the top of this page!
2. Volunteer: As a nonprofit organization, AFAC relies on hundreds of volunteers. Opportunities are available to bag groceries, cook, distribute groceries, pick up food from grocery stores, and much more. Sign up to volunteer here.
3. Donate food: 40% of AFAC's food is donated. You can donate low sodium foods that are unopened and unexpired to AFAC. Due to COVID-19, the usual drop-off locations are modified. Drop off donations at the AFAC warehouse, 2708 S Nelson St, 22206. For more information on drop-off hours and open locations, visit here.
4. Start a food drive: Starting a food drive is a great way to collect more food to donate. To start a food drive, email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Spread the word: Participate in this virtual 5k with your family or socially distant friends! After you complete it, upload your photos and share the message. The more people who participate and donate, the more money we can raise for AFAC!